As a company we are involved with an industry where our activities have a significant influence over, and potential impact upon, the communities in which we operate. This affects the environmental, social and Economic stability in which these communities exist.
Sustainability is a broad term, covering everything from energy efficiency and use of renewable technologies, to incorporation of green infrastructure and adaptation of buildings to climate change. Our focus is on adopting a co-ordinated approach at all stages of the life cycle of buildings, including conception, briefing, design, procurement, construction, operation, maintenance and ultimate disposal.
Intek 3 Construction considers sustainability in its every day operation covering areas such as;
- Energy & Carbon emissions
- Climate Change
- Material procurement
- Resource efficiencies
- Waste Management
- Air Quality
- Health & Wellbeing
- Quality of life
- Alternative technologies
- Sustainable infrastructure
- Building Management & Performance
- Efficient Construction methods
- Continue to develop our staff through training in accordance with both our mandatory and soft skills matrix and offering sponsorship where appropriate to meet the individuals aspirations.
- Support local communities via sponsorship, local employment, working with local educational providers and businesses.
- Set annual goals to improve the impact of our activities by setting achievable objectives and targets.
- Development of data retrieval to ensure improved monitoring and initiative implementation.
- Collaborate with our supply chain at design and tender stage to influence and reduce where possible environmental project impact on communities.
- Champion awareness within our company and supply chain.
- Increase company profitability by implementing our sustainable strategy and minimising our energy usage by procurement of an energy management system to ISO50001.